Saturday, July 21, 2012

Inspired by Childhood

"The creative part of us is always childlike."    

                                                                       ~ Julia Cameron



     So I guess the "drawing every day in my sketchbook" thing has kind of fallen to the wayside. First I was sick for two weeks, then I started work. By the time I would get home all I wanted to do was crash on the sofa with a beer and a movie. But recently I've been getting nagging little bits of inspiration from my work. 


     I work at a daycare and it's always interesting to watch the kids draw. Children are the most creative of beings-- they haven't yet developed a fear of being wrong so their art is still free of inhibitions.


     One of the little girls, who is about 8 years old, likes to draw little doodles in the corner of my attendance sheet every morning. The drawings are simple but very imaginative and I felt compelled to draw some of them in my book, taping her original drawings to the corners. I think hers are much better. :)


This one is a Giraffe with only one spot. 


This is a pterodactyl wearing a party hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment